Turning Point Counseling, LLC is an organization of carefully selected, independent experienced practitioners, serving clients in Abilene and the surrounding areas. The majority of our therapists are licensed as professional counselors and marriage and family therapists. We also have two psychologists, a psychological associate, and a chemical dependency counselor. Turning Point Counseling desires to help our clients turn down a path that leads to relief of symptoms and improved moods and greater functioning that can lead to greater peace and happiness.
Our experienced well-trained independent practitioners offer a wide range of therapeutic interventions for all of the following:
- ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) and ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Anger management
- Anxiety disorders such as PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder), OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder), and other phobias
- Conduct and other behavioral issues
- Foster Care and adoptive issues
- Grief and loss counseling
- Hypnosis & EMDR
- Mood disorders such as depression and bipolar disorder
- ODD (Oppositional Defiant Disorder)
- Phase of life issues
- Psychological Testing
- Learning problems
- Pre-surgery treating for pain and weight loss patients
- Psychological disorders of various types
- Relationship, marriage, & family counseling
The focus of the counseling may be children, adolescents, couples, or the entire family from infancy to the elderly. The therapists at Turning Point Counseling are keenly aware of the difficulty involved in coming and telling your story for the first time, and want you to know that hearing your story is an honor for them and will be met with safety/acceptance/reverence. Callers are greeted by friendly supportive staff and carefully matched with the therapist that is best equipped to address their specific needs. The client may also request a specific therapist. Please call if you have any questions or to schedule an appointment. All appointments must be scheduled in advance. Most major insurances are accepted and billing is processed by our staff.
To view Turning Point Counseling Notice of Privacy Practices, CLICK HERE.